Sunday, April 26, 2015

Skinny For Summer?

Yo yo dieting is no way to live. I know. I've been there. Throughout my twenties, I could eat what I wanted and never gained a pound. I was also a "cardio" girl. I had an eliptical trainer and a stationery bike in my home, plus a vast library of videos including, Tae Bo, Joanie Greggains, Susan Powter (remember her?), Buns of Steel and whatever other video came down the pike! As long as I was huffing and puffing for an hour a day, I could burn fat from my flabby form.

In my thirties and forties, it wasn't so easy to burn off all the junk I was eating. I steadily began to put on the pounds. The older I got, the harder it became to remain thin. I have been on every fad diet under the sun. In spite of all my hard work and deprivation, I would see very little results. I began lifting weights, but most of my muscle was hidden by a layer of fat. Almost at 200 lbs, I was at the end of my rope.


A friend recommended I try a nutritional cleansing program. I had tried cleansing products in the past, but said, "why not? I tried everything else, what do I have to lose?" (except 70 unwanted pounds). So I ordered a 30 Day system and started on January 6th of 2014. Within the first six months I lost 40 lbs. I was so pleased with the results and became more consistent with my exercise regimen at the gym (three days weight training, three days cardio). Since then, I had lost another 10 lbs. I had been comfortable at my present weight and have been focusing on weight training. I am now on a quest to lose the last 20 lbs using the same program.


This is not a diet, but a lifestyle change! While experimenting with the fad diets, I was not learning how to eat healthy so I could maintain the fat loss. I was also sacrificing valuable muscle due to very low calorie counts and omitting certain food groups. I did not feel good most of the time and was always tired. We ingest a great amount of toxins and failing to flush our bodies of impurities leads to weight gain. To learn more about nutritional cleansing, fill out my contact form to the right of this post. Change your lifestyle and your body will reward you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment