Friday, February 7, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey - January 2014

Hello,

I started my weight loss journey on January 7th. I weighed in at a hefty 192 lbs. For my 5'4" frame, that is pretty large. At the time this photo was taken, I weighed 187 lbs. I had followed Body For Life in the past, but "life" got in the way. Work became busy, there were family issues and I was working hard at launching my fashion line. I pulled my Achilles Tendon and had to stay off the weights and the elliptical for six months.

With my schedule easing up a bit, I decided to make a "new" New Year's resolution and get myself back on track. I got rid of all the beer and wine in my house the weekend after New Years Day. I gave up caffeine and purged my cabinets of all processed foods. I bought skinless chicken breast, salmon, brown rice and a load of fruits and vegetables. I swore off eating out (unless on special occasions). I began to hit the the gym hard!

I was pleasantly surprised when I got back on the elliptical. Before I pulled my tendon, I was doing level 7 for 30 minutes. I was able to train at a level 5 for 30 minutes (okay, it was a struggle, but I still managed). I found I was able to do squats of 65 lbs (previously, I was pushing 85 pounds for three sets and 90 for my last set of six reps). I was almost back to where I was and getting closer to that goal everyday. By the end of January, I lost another 10 lbs. bringing me to 177 lbs!



No comments:

Post a Comment