Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wierd Stuff People Say When You Decide To Get In Shape

1. "Don't lose anymore weight. We won't be able to find you!" Also the seemingly more benign, "are you really planning on losing more weight?" and "are you still bulking?" Um, yeah, and who made you the authority on how I'm supposed to look? 

2. "You're getting thin / bulking up / getting cut, only because you live at the gym". Okay if you consider spending 1 1/2 hours someplace on a daily basis as "living there", I guess I do live there - you know like the way you live at your job. 

3. "I would work out as much as you do, if I had that kind of time". What kind of time, exactly? I have the same twenty four hours as you. I choose to get up an hour earlier than you and I forgo an hour's worth of TV at night. 

4. "Are you getting down to your hunting weight?" Yes! And if I keep up with my workouts, I'll be able to overtake my prey! He won't stand a chance!

5. "If I were young like you, I'd be able to maintain my weight." I haven't heard this one in awhile, but age is just an excuse. It is more difficult to maintain a physique with age, but not impossible. 

6. "I'm not interested in going all out with the exercise. I just wanted to get rid of my..." Sorry! Spot reducing is a myth. The only way to "get rid of" something is to lower your body fat percentage. 

7. "I don't want to get too big". Unless you eat protein by the scores and lift tons of weight, you're not going to look like a man. 

8. "Is that all you're going to eat?" Us lifters eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. We don't eat ourselves into a coma at each meal. 

9. "Okay, it looks like you reached your goal weight. Why are you still eating healthy and getting up at 5:00 am for the gym?" One word. Maintenance. 

10. "You're obsessed!" To a couch potato, I suppose we are obsessed. Anything worth achieving and maintaining takes effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment